Call for Papers: Global Finance Journal
Call for Papers and Participation
The Inaugural Conference on
November 9 – 10, 2017, Tokyo, Japan
The Conference sponsored by the Development Bank of Japan and the Japan Economic Research Institute aims to spur research and debate regarding the economic effects of corporate social responsibility. Theoretical and empirical papers dealing with the effect of CSR from a purely economic perspective, a financial management view, or the markets vantage are invited. Accepted papers will automatically qualify for a fast-track review for possible publication in a special issue of the Global Finance Journal, published by Elsevier, with the journal's submission fee waived. Authors of accepted papers, who present their papers at the conference, will be provided a grant of JPY 40,000 per paper to support hotel accommodations for the two days of the conference.
|Apr. 4, 2017||List of Scientific Committee members was posted. NEW|
|Mar. 21, 2017||"Guide for Authors" was posted. NEW|
|Oct. 1, 2016||This web page “Call for Papers” was opened.|
The topics relevant to the conference include but are not limited to theoretical and empirical work on:
- 1.The role of banks, institutional investors, and financial markets in CSR
- 2.The effects of CSR on cost of capital, capital structure, and funding composition
- 3.The effects of CSR on valuation and firm financial performance
- 4.Corporate governance and CSR
- 5.Risk management and CSR
- 6.CSR activities and the economy, both at the macro and micro levels*
* CSR in emerging/developing countries, CSR & capital formation, CSR & international competitiveness, CSR & disclosure, CSR & growth, CSR & business cycle, CSR under the unfavorable economic environment, CSR in the global supply chains, CSR & business internationalization, CSR & business opportunities and risks, CSR & social inequality, etc.
The conference will take place at the Development Bank of Japan, Tokyo, Japan. It will begin early on the afternoon of Thursday, November 9, 2017 and conclude late in the afternoon of Friday, November 10.
- Deadline for Submission is June 1, 2017.
- Acceptance Notification will be sent by August 15, 2017.
- Deadline for Final Version Papers is September 30, 2017.
- Original and completed manuscripts in English, and in PDF format, should begin with a title page that includes the names, e-mail addresses, and affiliations of all authors as well as a 200-word abstract and key words.
- A completed copy of the submission form[PDF: 94K] should also be enclosed.
- The file names should be “your last name, first name” plus 1 for papers and 2 for submission forms.
e.g. smith_john_1.pdf for the paper and smith_john_2.pdf for the submission form.
- Please submit the completed submission form and the paper to email@example.com and title your email “Submission CSR Conference.”
- Please note that the total file size must be less than 10 MB.
- All attendees are required to register for the conference by completing the registration form[PDF: 87K], and pay the required registration fee.
USD 175 for early bird registration: from August 16 to September 15, 2017
USD 250 for regular registration: from September 16 to October 15, 2017
- The completed registration form should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and titled as “Registration CSR Conference.”
- Payment Procedure will be announced in June, 2017.
- Admittance to all general and concurrent sessions
- Welcome Reception on November 9
- Lunch on November 10
- Coffee breaks
- Megumi SUTO (Waseda University)
- Kazuhiko OHASHI (Hitotsubashi University)
- Masaharu HANAZAKI (Hitotsubashi University)
- Katsuyuki KUBO (Waseda University)
- Hitoshi TAKEHARA (Waseda University)
- Kazumi ASAKO (Rissho University)
- Vikas MEHROTRA (University of Alberta)
More information about the conference will be posted on this conference website.
For additional information, please contact us at email@example.com and title your email “Inquiry: CSR Conference.”